Sunday, December 21, 2008

My 17th Birthday Bash!

On the 21st of December 2008, we were suppose to have Cell Harvest at Yuen Chern's place and i got the message that it was suppose to be at the POOLSIDE. And the youth of Penang Christian Centre know that all suspicion and cheekiness was in the air. Since it was my birthday, i come in with an extra set of clothes, in fear that i would be the victim of getting thrown into the pool, as is TRADITION* the birthday girl/boy gets dumped in the pool! (Ask Oon Feng, he got thrown into the pool at his Bar Mitzvah)

Anyway, Joshua said he was suppose to arrange my 17th birthday bash which happens to fall on the same day as Cell Harvest. He got me this HALF-EATEN CAKE which was already sliced up and a lil' piece of paper that wrote ''Happy Birthday'' with a blue ball-point pen that probably took 5 seconds to get done. He then made me stand on a CHAIR while everyone else sang the express version of the birthday song. And that was it. If you're reading this, Josh, just wanted you to know that as lame as that was, it was very memorable and funny.

The Decoy Cake


Ah, it's GAMES time! One of the games we played was the ''squeeze hand-
current-marker pen'' game. I don't know what it's called lah. Just in case you're getting clueless on this, let me briefly explain. (People who know how to play can just skip the next paragraph lah)

How To Play:
Participants are separated into two rows with EQUAL numbers. Game master squeezes hand of the first participant of each row and the 'current' passes on via hand squeezing down the row. The last person to receive this 'pulse' has to run to the game master. Thus, the last participant of both rows will compete to reach the game master first. Winner gets to draw opponent with marker pen! Muahaha..

Despite reaching Leonard first, my hand got drawn on by
silly Joshua who claims that i cheated and was at the mercy of his nonsensical injustice. Yeah, he wrote ''I Heart Joshua''. Dream on, Josh. The following picture is proof of this torturous moment.

Written by Joshua himself

After the games and the TALKS, they came up with a really nice birthday cake which was actually given by my cousin to my brother (Kor) who went to buy it. Aww, thanks a bunch, Kor. After the birthday song and prayer by Wilson, Leonard offered me a slice of cake. Before i could reply, he SMUDGED the CAKE in my FACE. He tried to escape by jumping over a stone bench but that obviously didn't stop me from chasing after him. The chase soon succeeded when he fell next to the fish pond. *(By the way, Leonard, I was very tempted to PUSH you in the FISH POND and let the koi fish do the work for me. Haha) Getting back on his feet, he ran down this little slope, where i stumbled and rolled in the darkness. *(this is not a metaphor, people) The sounds of 'Ouch' and 'Whoo' echoes to my ears while i soon felt a stingily sensation in my right knee. It got scrapped.

Before i could recover from my bleeding knee, they started throwing WATER BALLOONS at me! I tried escaping the ambush by running to the car park but the chase was pursued by Oon Feng. I did enjoy that brief moment knowing he couldn't catch me. Wakaka *(Sorry, Oon Feng) But i soon came to a DEAD-END and many others ambushed me including Jordan, Justine, Leonard, Derrick, Javern and other people. *I can't really recall coz water was covering my eyes! Shesh people, what did i ever do to you guys? And to think, i was so glad when the guard closed the poolside for the day. Haha..

After serving the real cake and singing carols, we talked about the true meaning of Christmas after disappointing answers like Santa Claus, Christmas trees and presents. By now my WET clothes were changed and Cell Harvest soon came to an end.

Back home, I unwrapped Cassandra's PRESENT which came in an adorable pink box with a bow and ribbons. It was a funky lookin' bag and a card filled with words all crammed up. Thanks a lots, Grandpa. I really do appreciate it.


Finally, wanna THANK everyone for making this such a MEMORABLE 17th birthday! From the people who bought and prepared the food up to the schemers who plotted my doom...

No comments: